|Luminaria (small bonfire) at Lighting of Ledoux|
|Farolitos line the street|
Friday night, December 6th, is the annual Tree Lighting in the Plaza. You can read my post from the 2012 lighting by clicking here. This year's schedule of events is as follows:
- 4:00 PM Welcome by Mayor Darren Cordova
- 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts Light Fibrolites,
- 4:02 PM - 4:07 PM Taos Cheer,
- 4:07 PM - 4:17 PM Taos Middle School and Taos High School Chorus,
- 4:17 PM - 4:27 PM Taos Middle School and High School Band,
- 4:27 PM - 4:32 PM Sister Missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints,
- 4:32 PM - 4:45 PM Mariachi Jaguar Enchanted,
- 4:45 PM Yuletide Parade,
- 4:55 PM Fiestas de Taos Royal Court introduction and Holiday Greetings,
- 4:55 PM Santa Claus will be handing out 200 toys donated by and with the help of the Taos Optimist Club Elves,
- 4:57 PM - 5:07 PM Christmas Caroling led by Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts,
- 5:07 PM - 5:17 PM Taos Middle School Drill Team,
- 5:17 PM - 5:32 PM Taos Youth Music Group,
- 5:32 PM - 5:42 PM Mystic Dance,
- 5:42 PM - 5:57 PM Trio Alarcon,
- 5:57 PM Mayor Darren Cordova Holiday Greetings and Countdown to Tree Lighting.
I plan to attend the tree lighting ceremony and then held over to the El Monte Sagrado Resort for the Festival of Trees. This annual event benefits many local charities in Taos. Sponsors decorate trees and wreaths and designate to which charity they would like the proceeds donated. Guests then bid on the entries via silent auction. So many worthy charities are represented and I am happy to report that Habitat for Humanity has 2 trees this year (full disclosure, I am a HFHT Board Member). Museums, animal welfare, victims of violence, ending hunger & homelessness, among others, are some of the non-profits included . In addition to the silent auction there is music, food, drinks and lots of holiday cheer. I look forward to posting a recap of the event next week.
Festival of Trees and Wreaths – Community Party Friday, December 6, 5:30-10:00pm
El Monte Sagrado Living Resort Conference Center, 317 Kit Carson Rd.
The event centers around a silent auction of beautifully decorated wreaths and trees. The proceeds benefit many of the Taos communities non profits. Music and dancing this year with The Damn Band, food, drinks, and a raffle. $20 entry fee, includes drink ticket, appetizers and live music. (from taos.org
Lots going on and this is just the first week of December...whew!
My best and Happy Holiday from Taos!
December 4th, 2013
Follow me on facebook
Please visit my other blogs
napa farmhouse 1885
red or green?
We now have a twitter account @dianeintaos. Please follow and I will follow back! I would love to get to know you on Facebook, Twitter and through your comments on this blog.